Sunday, June 01, 2008

Lost book.

Last Sunday Dylan's primary class talked about getting answers to prayers. she came home and told me a story about a little boy who lost some money and prayed to find it, and did. Fast forward to this last Friday(30th). We were getting ready to go to the library, like we do every Friday, and she couldn't find one of her books. I was getting upset because she had just had it the night before. We were looking all over and no book. I went to look in her room and there she was on the floor. I was getting even more mad because I thought that she was goofing off and not looking. I said, "What are you doing." She said "I'm praying to get help to find my book." I felt so bad. Here I was ready to tell her to stop goofing off and look for her book, and she was praying. I say, "Good for you." Then I went into the front room to look, and feel like a complete idiot. As she started to come down the hall a few seconds later I found the book. The smile on her face is something I will never forget. It is at that moment that she knew prayer were really answered. I told her she needed to say another payer to thank Heavenly Father for helping us. What a great day!

5 comments:

Jim and Brooke said...

What a special moment that you and her will always remember and cherish. Thanks for sharing.
:)

Shellee said...

Sometimes the faith of a child is all we need...

Suzy Farar said...

That is awesome. What a testimony building experiance for her! Don't feel bad, I probably would have reacted the same way you did, probably worse too.

Myra said...

Dylan shared this in Primary on Sunday. It was sweet and showed her pure faith. I hope she never forgets that feeling of faith. (by the way, the Friend is always looking for true stories such as this one. you should try sending her story in to the Friend).

The Earls said...

That is so awesome. It's a good reminder that we should be like a child.

Ross' favorite sign.

Ross' favorite sign.